Rejoice of the many lessons tat i learnt frm this trip...it was a very ministering trip for me in terms of the many issues tat i were struggling in life back then... like wat Alvin said in his blog, i think i receive more that i had given unto the ppl..
Below are some of the lessons that i learnt in summary: 1. i learnt that God is God. God is the one who is in control. He choose to unveil His glories in who He finds delight in.No one can ever rob away His glory.
2. i am a unworthy. Nothing i can do or i have done, cld ever make Him love me lesser or more. He is the one that place worth n value in my life.
3. My worth n value is nt based on ppl or hw capable of who i am. I realized that my life has been revolving around too much of ppl's opinions in my life. i have been living to perform as if there was a score card in my life. Thinking tt my worth n value is dependent on how good or capable i am.
4. Worship is not just singing songs. But it is a constant journey n process of honoring God whenever n wherever i am. Honoring Him with my best- my thoughts, conduct, attitude. It shld be blameless before the lord.
5. the Love and the presence of God transcends all things even languages. We saw how our worship actually brought n draw our back sliden christian host back to Christ. She was so touched by our worship. She said she saw God in us though she may not understand our langauge. She can feel the presence of God at then.
6. though i may not have much to give unto the poor. But i can simply bring forth the love of God to them thru my actions. i learnt tt actions speak louder than words.
7. HE is the riches of the poor. He is the one tt can bring true satisfaction to ppl.
yeah these are the lessons that i learnt frm this trip. It is really amazing hw God has been unveiling His glories in us.
I am BACK!!!
Yeah...im back frm my mission trip in Thailand...
Coming back to Singapore was a mixed feelings of both sadness and rejoice!!
Sad because i have seen so much of needs out there in Thailand. SO many ppl living in poverty- both spiritually and physically, crying out for the presence of God to come into their land. I saw people being abandoned by their own children, infected by AIDS & despised by ppl ( all living in real poverty!!!)
When all these needs were placed in front of me, it just overwhelmed me. It pains my heart. My heart was filled with fears for these ppl. i asked myself what happen if they die one day, will there be anyone there to help them in arranging their funeral.
Being overwhelmed by these needs, i cried out to God. Becos i realised there is only so little i cld do for these ppl. Then God spoke to me. "My son, why do u have to cry? though these ppl do not have anything, but they have me. They need me. I am the riches of these ppl. Let the poor say they are rich.. and all u need to do is to be with them. Show them the love of God."
i was so touched by this voice. It was so real and lovely to me. It just encouraged me to press on n keep on praying for these ppl n show them the love of God thru me.
i was more than happy cos for the days in my mission trip, God has been unveiling His glory and love thru me. Lives were touched by Him thru me. i was awed cos God choose to use an unworthy servant like me to unveil His glory thru me.
these were the 3 women that i particularly felt burdened during the trip.
The old lady in the above pict is abandoned by her own daughter. Living alone in a small hut left by her daughter. Her daughter told her unless she take cares of the chickens, she is not allowed to stay in that small hut. Before we left Thailand, she falled sicked and no one was there to take care of her.
There were two another ladies that i am talking abt. They are Mother n Daughter. The mum is unable to see and walk properly. And her daughter is a mute. Their family members alrdy passed on. Both live in a very small hut too. The old lady has to depend on the daughter for living. Due to their disabilites, they were always hit n bullied by kids.
i will always keep them in prayers.
I rejoice becos of the precious lessons that i learnt frm this trip. well, if u want to noe do read the next entry tt i will blogging tml ya..
the apple of His eyes
The Apple of His Eye
A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"
Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up. He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air."
Well," he continued, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. "Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson.
No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.
But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in God's eyes. To Him, dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to Him. Psalm 17:8 states that God will keep us, "as the apple of His eye."
what a precious lesson that i learnt...and it is reali an answered prayer. Cos i asked God what is reali my worth in Him..yup i hope tt it will encourage our hearts too when we are down...